Monday, April 5, 2010

Plundered Booty (review)

Title: Plundered Booty
Author: Travis Erwin
Illustrator: N/A
Kindle Locations: 19 pages (PDF)
Genre: Fiction
Dewey Decimal: F Erw
ISBN: N/A
Kindle Cost: Free (via PDF)

This short story is a neat little peek into the life of a car salesman. Granted, it is a short story and it is a very small look into the life, but it was entertaining. I am not sure if it would be a good candidate for a longer novel, but even if this one kept going at a slow pace it would still be better than some others that I have read.

The story follows the "Captain" (which I was really hoping would be a real Captain of some sort) through a rough day at the office. His boss just died and his asshole of a son just took over. And by asshole, I mean capital-A-asshole-jerk-wad.

But in the end, the Captain gets his booty. Just not the booty I was hoping for. And I think that was the biggest downfall of the story, it was not long enough to turn into some bizarre tale of how this guy lost a leg, sailed the high seas, and taught a parrot to talk.

Alas maties, this was just about a car salesman. It sounds boring, but it was still entertaining enough to read.

3 comments:

DaydreamerN said...

this is very cool. I also do this on my blog. but I do kids and YA books on mine. I also work at the library by my house. I think it is so cool that you are doing this blog.
( my blog is http://www.daydreamerN.blogcpot.com)

Neil Richard said...

Glad you like it!

DaydreamerN said...

you should take a look at mine I think you might like some of the things I do with it