Monday, July 27, 2009

Minor S. M. Stirling News

I know, I know, I should really leave the man alone. But I found a few minor tidbits of news on the web.

First, Mr. Stirling will be attending WorldCon in Montreal, Quebec. According to Aliette de Bodard, he will be participating in the discussion session Researching Your World on Saturday from 5 pm to 6:30 pm. Other attendees include little known authors such as Neil Gaiman, John Scalzi, and others. There is also a mildly interesting session called the Hugo Awards.

Second, Mr. Stirling will be signing copies of his newly released The Sword of the Lady at the University Bookstore in Seattle, Washington on August 28th. The night before, a small time author by the name of Terry Brooks will also be signing books.

Third, Mr. Stirling will be signing copies of The Sword of the Lady at Powell's Books in Beaverton, Oregon on August 27th. No word if Terry Brooks or Neil Gaiman will crash the signing.

That's all for now. If you're interested in some further reading, I did ask Steve a few questions which he was kind enough to answer. But I'll try not to bother him like I did before.

No comments: