Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Reading Update and Preview

I thought I'd take a minute to give everyone a quick update on where I was with my reading. And a bit of a preview of things to come.

Island in the Sea of Time by S. M. Stirling - I'm nearly halfway through this re-read. Technically I'm listening to the audio version, but I've read the book at least twice. It's still entertaining, but I'm starting to draw some interesting parallels between this book and the newer series.

Mistborn by Brian Sanderson - Page 606. Which means I'm nearly done. I'd finish it tonight, but it's an e-book and I prefer not to read with a heavy laptop sitting on my chest. It's taken a fair bit of effort to get this far but I'll tell you more in my review.

The Bible - Yes, I'm reading the Bible. I'll regale you with all my thoughts and impressions when I finish it. But don't hold your breath, I'm only in Kings 1.

Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb - Page 182. Making steady progress. No thoughts or theories at the moment, but I'm still entertained so that's good.

A Midwife's Tale by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich - Page 87. A hugely educational book so far and I've barely cracked the surface of it.

Survive! by Les Stroud - Page 52. Another educational title, but on a totally different level. Again it's still early, but I think I'll learn a lot.

What should you expect this month? Well, I'll continue with the Combat and Survival theme every Monday. Consider it a military Monday if you'd like. That should last through mid-year before I pick up another series.

I also have some new titles around evolution that I'll cover next week (fingers crossed) and a ton of ideas for the coming months. Most of those ideas center on the poll over there on the right, so if you haven't voted yet, please do. I also have a list of about fifteen books I'll be checking out to read. Which will mean a review for each book. So stay tuned for more from Library Dad!

No comments: