Friday, November 20, 2009

Your 2009 Black Friday Shopping List

In an effort to beat the run on the common "best of," "year-end," and "top ten" lists that we see so often around Christmas and New Years, I have decided to make things a little easier for you.

How?

By giving you my list early. This means it does not drown in the sea of copy-cats but also means you can add things to your Black Friday shopping list. I know, how nice of me!

So without further gabbing, here's my "best of" list for 2009!

Best Book - Overall
Born to Run by Christopher McDougall



Best Book - Fiction
Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie



Best Book - Non-Fiction
Never Have Your Dog Stuffed by Alan Alda



Best Book/Movie Combo
Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
Watchmen (2009)



Best Movie - Overall
The Man Who Came To Dinner (1942)



Best Movie - Fiction
There Will Be Blood (2007)



Best Movie - Non-Fiction
Running the Sahara (2008)

No comments: