Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne (review)



Title: Around the World in 80 Days
Author: Jules Verne
Genre: Fiction
Cost: $0

This was another of those free audiobooks from Librivox (check them out if you haven't already). Some things that are free are also cheap, as in quality. Not so much with this particular reading as the individual did a pretty good job. The problem was more with the content.

You see, it just didn't live up to those Disney movies I expected. From 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (with Kirk Douglas of course) to In Search of the Castaways (with Hayley Mills), these are the movies I grew up watching. Not in the theater, I'm not that old, but on VHS because I'm that old.

Which means I was left somewhat wanting during the entire story. I guess Disney did a good job of making it more exciting, although I doubt they kept to the original storyline. Overall, a decent listen, just not the action-packed story I was expecting. But still entertaining enough for me to finish it.

No comments: