Monday, June 14, 2010

Kyle XY - Pilot (review)



Episode Title: Pilot
Cost: Free via Hulu

This series is new to me. It first aired back in 2006 on ABC and features a teenage boy that wakes up in the woods with no memory. As he progresses through the episode, he learns to talk, eat, and go to the bathroom. He displays an uncanny knack for math and physical ability (like catching a snake in mid-strike). We also learn he has no belly button.

During the episode he is adopted by a social worker and her family and goes through some growing pains (as does the rest of the family). There is a bit of a "mystery man" that's following Kyle, and I'm sure we'll see more of him as we progress into the series.

So far, it's an interesting start to the series. I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it, but I like how the humor joins with the mystery of Kyle.

No comments: